If you or a loved one has been arrested for drug distribution, we recommend that you take a moment and consult attorney Robert G. Whittel regarding your charges. Drug distribution is one of the more severe drug crimes in Florida and will likely result in jail time, even for a first time conviction. An offender will face harsher penalties if found selling drugs to or in the vicinity of minors, and if the drug itself is considered to be highly addictive and dangerous, such as cocaine or heroin.
At the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton we aggressively defend drug distribution charges throughout Florida. As former State prosecutors we understand the intricacies of a distribution or possession with intent to distribute drug charge in Florida. Our Boca Raton office location is centrally located to service the criminal courthouses of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Stuart. Additionally, we have consultation locations for client, witness and expert interviews in Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Gainesville and Ocala.
If you are looking for a skilled defense lawyer who will fight for your rights and do everything possible to help achieve the most optimum result for your drug distribution charges, you have come to the right website. Boca Raton drug distribution attorney Robert G. Whittel has all the qualities you should expect in a capable defense lawyer: experience, dedication and aggressiveness. His passion and zeal for defending the rights of his clients is what has kept his practice so successful. By working with attorney Whittel, you too can experience this level of commitment.Penalties for Drug Distribution in Florida
In Florida, it is illegal to sell or deliver controlled substances. This criminal offense is punished depending upon the type of drug, and the amount. Specific penalties are listed below:
- It is a 2nd degree felony (up to 15 years in state prison) to sell, manufacture or deliver:
- It is a 3rd degree felony (up to 5 years in state prison) to sell, manufacture or deliver:
Cannabis (marijuana plant)
Codeine (in certain amounts)
- Additionally, selling or delivering more than 10 grams of heroin is a 1st degree felony, punishable by up to 30 years in state prison.
Charged with drug distribution in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton or Jupiter, Florida? Contact attorney Robert G. Whittel today!
- 13 Arrested During Putnam County Drug Roundup At least 13 people were arrested Friday by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office during a roundup of six men with outstanding warrants for sale of
- 75-Year-Old Man Arrested on Multiple Drug Charges in Citrus County A 75-year-old Citrus County man has been arrested and charged with selling significant amounts of marijuana. According to the Citrus County Sheriff's
- Boynton Beach Drug Bust Nets 11 Arrests of Suspected Drug Dealers Boynton Beach police went undercover Monday, hit a host of "hot spots" and jailed nearly a dozen in Operation Buy Bye. Confidential informants
- 6 Arrested in Drug Raid in St. Johns County Six people were arrested in a drug raid Tuesday after neighbors complained about needles in their yards and suspicious traffic in and out of a home on
- Undercover Drug Sting Leads to Arrest of St. Augustine Man An undercover drug sting that began in March led to the arrest of a St. Augustine man accused of running a drug house on Grove Avenue, according to