Juvenile Drug Crimes
Has your son or daughter been accused of a drug-related crime? Whether your child has been accused of or arrested for possession, drug sales, or any other drug crime, you will need a Juvenile crimes defense attorney to help make sure that your child does not receive unfair or excessive punishment.
At Whittel & Melton we understand the Juvenile court system and have experience both prosecuting and defending minors who have been accused of drug crimes. Our office has experienced, former Juvenile Drug Crime Prosecutors and trial attorneys who understand how the entire Juvenile criminal process works and what strategies are effective in defending drug charges. From our office in Boca Raton we serve Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Stuart Juvenile courtrooms. Although many of our clients are parents of youths in communities such as Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Lake Worth, Jupiter and West Palm Beach, obviously we also have clients in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale areas.
Children and teenagers make mistakes - that's a fact. The truth of the matter is that many teens are impressionable and susceptible to peer pressure and influence from true criminals who may promise them the world in exchange for carrying out drug runs or deliveries. Don't allow your son or daughter to be punished for this. Focus instead on rehabilitation and work with a defense lawyer who can protect your child's rights.The Juvenile Court System in Florida
The Juvenile court system is different than the regular adult court system and criminal process. For instance, there are no jury trials in a Florida Juvenile court trial. The Juvenile court official alone will evaluate the evidence and make a decision in regards to guilt and sentencing. This is just one of many differences. In addition, the arresting officer has more leeway in regards to whether he or she will actually arrest your child. Some lesser offenses will result in a warning or sometimes a warning delivered directly to the minor's parents or guardians.
Regardless of the charges your son or daughter may be facing, only an experienced attorney will have any chance of obtaining a favorable outcome in Juvenile court. Boca Raton Juvenile criminal defense attorney Robert G. Whittel has the experience and persistence it takes to be effective in or out of Juvenile court.
- 2 Florida Juveniles Charged with Cyberstalking in Girl's Suicide Two 12-year-olds have been charged with cyberstalking in connection with the death of a middle school student in Panama City Beach, who committed
- Teen Girls Charged with Stealing Packages from a Riverview Home Two teenage girls were charged after deputies said they stole packages from the front porch of a home in Riverview. The alleged incident occurred on
- 2 Jacksonville High School Students Accused of Bringing Guns on Campus A Mandarin High School student and an 18-year-old Northside charter school student were allegedly caught Friday with guns on their respective
- 3 Pinellas Teens in Stolen Car Die in Violent Crash Florida authorities said three teenagers – one 14-year-old and two 16-year-olds – stole a sport utility vehicle, sped away from officers
- Middle Schoolers in Highlands County Investigated for Sexting Nearly 300 people attended a meeting Monday held by a Lake Placid principal to discuss the dangers of sexting among minors. According to reports, the