Drug manufacturing refers to the creation of controlled substances using chemicals, heat and sometimes laboratory equipment. Methamphetamine (meth), LSD, cocaine and ecstasy are some of the illegal drugs which are manufactured in Florida. As with other drug charges, sentencing for drug manufacturing will depend upon the amount of drug found as well as the type. Possible sentences include:
- State prison sentence (ranging from 5 to 30 years in state prison)
- Drug rehabilitation / counseling
- Registration as a narcotics offender
Boca Raton drug manufacturing attorney Robert G. Whittel is an experienced trial attorney who has what it takes to successfully defend drug charges. He and his staff have the resources to thoroughly investigate your charges and see what defense can be used on your behalf. Attorney Whittel also has the experience, both as a defense attorney and as a former criminal prosecutor, to create an innovative and effective plan of action for your defense.
At the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, we take on Drug Manufacturing cases throughout Florida from our Boca Raton office. No matter if the arrest was in Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Delray Beach or elsewhere in Palm Beach County, we will immediately evaluate your case to give you the urgent advice and counsel you will be looking for if you are being investigated for or have been arrested on a Florida Manufacturing Drug charge.Methamphetamine Labs in Florida
Methamphetamine labs (meth labs) are most often associated with drug manufacturing in Florida. Because methamphetamine and other controlled substances can sometimes be created using fairly easy to obtain chemicals and over-the-counter products, a wide variety of people may be able to create a meth lab in their house or apartment. These labs are dangerous and the chemicals unsteady and thus may result in fires and explosions. Therefore, the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) and Florida law enforcement agencies crack down hard upon anyone suspected of running a meth lab in Florida.
In 2007, according to the DEA's website, there were 100 meth lab incidents throughout Florida. While this is a decline from recent years, the DEA and other agencies are working ever the more diligently on locating and shutting down as many labs as possible.
When overzealous police tactics or an illegal search and seizure lead to a drug manufacturing arrest, your defense lawyer can help to prove that your constitutional rights were violated and that certain evidence may be inadmissable in court. By consulting attorney Robert Whittel immediately, he can begin taking the necessary steps to defend your case.
Arrested for drug manufacturing in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton or Jupiter? Contact the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, LLC today!
- 6 Arrested in Drug Raid in St. Johns County Six people were arrested in a drug raid Tuesday after neighbors complained about needles in their yards and suspicious traffic in and out of a home on
- Jacksonville Man Dressed As Santa Arrested On Drug Charges A man dressed as Santa Claus was arrested Monday for allegedly possessing a variety of drugs, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. The
- St. Augustine Man Arrested In Mobile Meth Lab Bust Outside Publix A St. Augustine man was arrested Monday afternoon after he was allegedly found in possession of a mobile meth lab in the parking lot of a Publix
- FDLE Seizes 23 Pounds of Marijuana from Palm Coast Home More than 20 pounds of marijuana, a semi-automatic pistol and $9,000 in cash were allegedly found Monday after agents raided a Flagler County home.
- Florida Deputy Accused of Selling Marijuana Authorities arrested a Florida deputy recently for her alleged role in a marijuana selling business following a month-long investigation. According to