Sale or Distribution
Selling and distributing drugs is typically a felony offense in Florida. Depending upon the type of drug you are accused of selling or distributing, you may face a state prison sentence of 5, 15 or 30 years in state prison. If you are accused of selling drugs within a certain distance of a school or to minors, you will face more severe penalties.
Have you or a loved one been accused of drug sale or distribution in Florida? If so, you could be facing years in state prison. Only an experienced criminal defense attorney will stand a chance of defending your charges and helping you avoid the severe penalties that come with a drug crime conviction. In addition to jail time, you may face the following penalties:
- Probation / parole
- Community service
- Drug counseling
- Drug rehabilitation
- Registration as a narcotics offender
Additionally, a conviction on your criminal record could mean that your employment opportunities are limited and you cannot provide for yourself or your family. Don't allow a false accusation to ruin your life. Don't allow the evidence that was gathered illegally to put you behind bars. By consulting a defense lawyer as soon as possible, you have the chance to avoid a conviction or possibly avoid having charges formally filed.Defending Drug Sale and Distribution Charges in Florida
At the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton we are experienced with defending drug-related charges for sale or distribution throughout Florida. Our main South Florida office is in Boca Raton, however we often make house calls to communities such as Jupiter, Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. We also offer a free case evaluation so you have a chance to talk to a professional about your charges and find out what can be done.
Boca Raton drug crimes defense attorney Robert G. Whittel is a logical choice if you have been charged with drug sale or distribution in Florida. As a former prosecutor and an experienced defense lawyer, Mr. Whittel has an understanding of both sides of a criminal charge and uses that knowledge to his clients' advantage.
- Undercover Drug Sting Leads to Arrest of St. Augustine Man An undercover drug sting that began in March led to the arrest of a St. Augustine man accused of running a drug house on Grove Avenue, according to
- 105 New Florida Laws Effective Sunday Some changes are coming our way in Florida. More than 100 bills that Gov. Rick Scott signed into law from the 2018 legislative session will take kick
- Suspected Drug Dealer Arrested with 70 Possible Bags of Heroin in Boynton Beach A suspected drug dealer was arrested while allegedly carrying 70 baggies of possible heroin, four grams of marijuana, six grams of cocaine, $4,000 in
- Undercover Agents Raid Jacksonville Strip Club, 3 Arrested Three women were arrested Thursday night, two on drug charges and one on a prostitution charge, after an undercover operation at a well-known strip
- At Least 13 Arrested in Drug Raids in Orlando, Tampa At least 13 people were arrested in a series of drug raids Thursday in Orlando and Tampa, according to reports. Federal agents claim members of the