If you or a loved one has been accused of drug trafficking, it is likely that Federal and local law enforcement agencies have spent months or even years building evidence to use against you in court. In the face of the harsh penalties Federal prosecutors will attempt to enforce, a defense attorney may be your only hope.
Fortunately, there is an attorney who has the experience and track record to give you a chance at avoiding a guilty verdict, of receiving lessened penalties or even having the charges dropped altogether. Robert G. Whittel has been practicing law in Florida for many years and has a background in criminal prosecution as well as international law. This diverse experience has given Mr. Whittel an advantage in many of the cases he has taken on.
Since the 1980's South Florida has become a hotbed of drug trafficking activity. At Whittel & Melton we defend drug trafficking cases throughout Florida. We have offices throughout Florida including Boca Raton, which our clients from West Palm Beach, Jupiter, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami find most convenient. We also have offices in Central Florida, Gainesville and Tampa/St. Petersburg.Drug Trafficking in Florida
Drug trafficking is the most serious of all drug crimes in Florida. Trafficking usually involves large quantities of controlled substances being brought into the state, either from other countries or within the United States. According to Florida law, it is illegal for a person to knowingly sell, deliver or import a controlled substance into the state. Violations of this law result in felony charges and some instances may even result in a 1st Degree Felony charge, meaning a sentence of up to 30 years for the individual convicted of this offense.
Specific penalties for drug trafficking in Florida will depend upon the amount and type of drug. Heroin trafficking is the most serious offense and may include a prison sentence of up to 25 years as well as fines of up to $500,000. Trafficking cocaine or cannabis (marijuana) may include a prison sentence of up to 15 years and a $250,000 fine.
No matter the specific charges and penalties you are facing, and regardless of what federal agencies may be involved in your investigation and trial, Boca Raton drug trafficking defense lawyer Robert G. Whittel may be able to help. He isn't afraid of facing off against large Federal agencies and fighting to assert your rights.
Accused of drug trafficking in Florida? Contact the Law Offices of Whittel & Melton, LLC today!
- Former Tampa Police Officer, 2 Others Charged with Drug Trafficking A former Tampa police officer was arrested on drug trafficking charges this week in Polk County, along with two other men. The 66-year-old man and two
- Jacksonville Man Dressed As Santa Arrested On Drug Charges A man dressed as Santa Claus was arrested Monday for allegedly possessing a variety of drugs, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. The
- 2 Jacksonville Men Arrested On Meth Trafficking Charges Two men were arrested Saturday night on charges of trafficking in methamphetamine, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. The men, 35 and 38,
- Jacksonville Woman Charged With Smuggling Drugs A Jacksonville woman is accused of trying to smuggle 1 kilogram of the drug MDMA, also known by its street name "Molly," into the state, according to
- 15 Arrested in Undercover Heroin Sting in Manatee County Fifteen people have been arrested as part of a drug-trafficking investigation in Manatee County. The multi-agency investigation started due to the